A Very Fun Day
Ms. Denny Makes Great Anasazi Beans!




Yesterday was a very fun day at school. All the kids loved the Anasazi Beans, as you can see from the photos. I'm featuring Anasazi Beans on Kalyn's Kitchen this weekend for Weekend Herb Blogging, and when I write about it, I will come back here and post the recipe for those who are interested. (I can't link to the cooking blog because then it makes this a public blog.) Unfortunately, the beans are kind of hard to find. I buy them at Wild Oats in Salt Lake. They really do have a sweet taste that is unique and delicious. If someone really wanted to try them, I would be happy to get you the beans since I go to Wild Oats quite often. Be warned that they are a little expensive compared to regular dried beans, about $5.00 for enough to make a crockpot full of beans. I am smart enough not to put any visible vegetables or seasonings, but I did season the beans quite a lot, which I think is one reason the kids liked them so much. I seasoned my beans with Goya Ham Flavor Concentrate (also hard to find, but a wonderful product) and lots of onion powder and garlic powder.

<< Home